Saturday, October 14, 2006

What is your favorite time of year?

It's another beautiful day in DC... though the fall weather is finally kind of setting in. Still, not a cloud in the sky. Just kind of weird having to bust out the coat. So this week, we went on a tour of the forensic document lab where they do a lot of handwriting and finger print analysis as well as investigative work with fradulent passports, visas and all that good stuff. It was pretty interesting and a nice break from the usual work. I am still awaiting word on whether or not i'm getting switched to a different program or not so for right now, i'm still biding my time in IVP. This morning, i got up early and went to Arlington National Cemetary for the first time since i've been out here. It was pretty incredible and i was able to see the changing of the guard in front of the tomb of the unknown soldier. One thing that i absolutely love about here is that, despite the fact that DC is a huge city, you are always 5 minutes away from peace and tranquility and beautiful trees, rivers and all that good stuff. It's the best of both worlds out here, truly.

Other than that, not too much shaking. Though my first set of visitors are coming in just a few days!!! so i have that to look forward to :) and i suppose i'll actually have to come up with some fun things to entertain them with. Well, off to take a nap. I'll probably think of something more compelling to update with later. Miss you all a whole lot and hope everyone is doing well :)

Listening to...Crane Wife 3-The Decemberists


xoxoxoxoxo.

love,

amy

1 comment:

meganeileen said...

So I got your aim message and juuuust wanted to say that I am just as proud of you for doing this leap of faith and I know that because i have people like you in my life I can do things I never thought possible. And I have already started looking into places here that allow 2 old ladies with a bunch of cats and dogs to live in the building. So don't you worry about a thing.

We will look back fondly on this year together many years down the road when we're seasoned world travelers, cuz tramps like us, baby we were born to ruuuuuuuuuuuuun.