Tuesday, October 24, 2006

VISITORS!

Well, i have been rather lame-o-boot as of late updating this. Life has been quite busy and i've got just enough time to slow down this afternoon and write a little bit, before I try to go run some errands and get other stuff done (all the while i am missing the volunteer appreciation party up at adams morgan because i am SIMPLY too busy! and you know me. have to get stuff done.) so anywaysss...

I HAD VISITORS! Well, one and a half (Meggie, i think we will have to make up the rest of your visit over Christmas). My favorite marquettians came out here to visit me on their fall break. Although they got in Wednesday night, I still had to work Thursday and Friday so James fended for himself in the city and Meg went to meet the newest addition to the Smith clan. Thursday night, James and I went out to dinner with his cousin to a place called My Thai on King Street. The food was great and the view was pretty neat (right down by the water) though I was losing my voice from a bad cold at that point and Friday at work was a little rough.

Then, Friday night James and I walked all through Georgetown and had dinner at a Barbeque place called "Old Glory". That, too, was excellent and it had been too long since I had had some good bbq. (I ignored my thoughts from earlier that week of becoming a vegan after discussing animal rights in my peaceful solutions class). After dinner, we walked all through DC and got to see G-town and GWU at night as well as Lincoln, WWII memorial, and the Washington monument. We couldn't have asked for a better fall evening. No clouds, not too cold and perfect views of all these great sights. Seeing everything at night made me fall in love with the city all over again.

Saturday, we did the natural history museum, portrait gallery (one of my new favorite places), Adams Morgan for "the diner" (i'm obsessed), did a little more walking then came home and hung out with the roomies and our friends from up in maryland. It was a great end to a fabulous weekend and I am so happy you both came :)

Sunday, after saying goodbye, I did a little window shopping (still don't really like what is at the stores this season so far). Monday it was back to work, followed by a TWC organized lecture by (guess who) my professor! Though i had heard 99% of what he had to say already, i still found it extremely intersting and find his work compelling, even if i don't always agree with what he says. I wish i could say that some of the other interns had as much respect for people with differing opinions... (I guess some people are never taught manners)

Today was a long and boring day at work. Hopefully it will get a little better soon. I am looking forward to another weekend where i can get caught up on everything and do a lot of sleeping as this cold has still not gone away.

I hope everyone is doing well back in the midwest. I am sad to say that it looks like you all have sent some of the midwestern cold out to us finally--I am still on mid-atlantic temps and am not quite used to these lower 50s...

Listening to...Hold you in my arms-Ray LaMontagne (definitely download worthy)

Miss you all. Call, write or fly out (ask M & J how fun it was, haha) anytime.

xoxoxoxox.

love,

aim

No comments: