Saturday, September 30, 2006

Well, another week of work gone by and I've still been enjoying it. Though I do miss HS a lot and kind of wish that all work was just like working there (boring though it may be at times) because I love the people that I work with and that, I am learning, makes all the difference in the world.

This week has been pretty routine. I've scheduled a few visits at our SAC (Special Agent in Charge) offices in San Diego and El Paso so, much to my dismay, I will not get to see the fruits of my labor. My first visit at the DC office is not until November so it sounds like they will be trying to find other stuff for us to do besides just the visitor program which should be great because I am like an open slate while i'm here. I just want to soak up everything and then hopefully find something that leads me in the right direction. I'm just trying to stay optomistic and open to everything.

Last night, the roomies and I went out with some other friends to an irish pub by union station for dinner and i had my first phili cheesesteak (though they forgot the onions so there was something left to be desired in taste--plus, i'm still hoping to make it out to phili while i'm here and then i will get a REAL one anyway) After dinner, everyone went to a bar and I came home (classic lame-o). This morning, I got up pretty early, went into the District and walked around the national book festival. It was so-so. Books for sale by popular american authors who could sign them if you had them but I hadn't heard of anyone hardly except for the author of the kite runner and i didn't really feel like paying full price for a book just to have him sign it (also, classic me. ha) After that, I headed down to the National Archives as I had only done half of the museum last weekend. That was followed by finishing up the parts of the Natural history museum that I hadn't been to yet. As a note, the hope diamond is still insane and doesn't even look real (I think they put in a fake just to cut down on liability). Also, the insect zoo still grosses me out, but i was fondly reminded of how i held my first insect (big, frightening insect--a Giant Cockroach to be exact) at the Museum of natural history some 10 years ago. Memories.

So, tonight I think the roomies are going out again, so hopefully I'll be able to finish my book (still working on Dreams from my father--good but also not the polished prose that I am used to hearing from Obama) and make a good dinner and everything. I suppose being here while not 21 just gives me an excuse to come back if coming to school out here wasn't enough of an excuse.

Xangazon: Listening to...If you fall-Azure Ray

Feel free to call, write or e-mail anytime. I miss you a whole lot.

xoxo
Love,

Amy

No comments: