Monday, December 24, 2007

The times they are a-changin'

As it is currently snowing like mad outside with sub-zero temps, I am really wishing my little feet were on a beautiful beach in South Carolina (see below) instead of bundled up in terry cloth socks.
Well, after a lot of thought and consideration, I think I am going to venture away from my comfort zone next year (Chicago). I know my opinions change every week, but I feel like I have been waiting for this moment (graduation, the opportunity to select a completely new place to start my life, etc) for too long to take the easy road. Obviously, moving to Chicago would not be simple, but it lack some part of the excitement and change that I believe would be beneficial to me. It will be difficult to move away from many friends who I know will be starting their next chapters in the city, but I have to kick myself and think back to my mantra in Geneva...Start doing things that scare me. They may not always be comfortable, but they are always invigorating. I'll figure it out... just have to keep having faith that the right opportunity is going to come my way and I will have the courage enough to take it.




Btw... Happy Holidays everyone! Next blog will probably be from the opposite side of the world.... exciting ! :)

No comments: