Tuesday, July 24, 2007

All the pretty girls go to the city....

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.





Oh, this has been quite the adventure. I remember this time last year, I was probably just coming back from my Hawaii trip with K and G (the one where I saw no beach despite being on an island chain) and was terrified of the adventure to come. I had a lot of expectations for the past year... some of them came true, many of them morphed into experiences that I could have never imagined. Many of the most unexpected things are now the things I value the most.

To think back on how I was even when I first got to DC and where I am now... with a new group of wonderful friends who all have incredible ambitions, stories to share and incredible views of the world and what you can do with life. I feel that every time I tend to get overwhelmed by the monotony of routine, or the weight that is the impending decisions I must make about everything, I can fondly reflect on so many of the efforts that these cherished people made to help me remind myself to take deep breaths, to relax and to live the life I have dreamed of.

I certainly still do not know what exactly this means. I feel like the future has been something I have been planning for since I began college--so many sleepless nights spent worrying about what I would or could become after I received that diploma in 2008. I don't remember it being like this when I graduated high school. I don't think I understood what kind of decision college would be. I sit here now knowing that in that decision, I set myself upon the track that I am at present and though the first two years proved difficult and sources of much dismay and stress, it is due to those challenges that I have achieved what I have, and that I am able to share the company of those who I admire most.

So now, I sit here knowing that in another month I embark on yet another adventure--making the most out of a situation that I had written off a mere year ago. I intend to make the very most of my time at school this year, enjoy the company of the incredible people that I am fortunate enough to call my friends there, and hopefully put into practice all of the amazing things I have learned over the course of the past 12 months.

Currently reading...Special Topics in Calamity Physics
Currently Listening to... On love, In Sadness-Jason Mraz

No comments: